Highlighter Loves

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Highlighters were never a large thing to me because I thought hey i'm oily, that's going to look terrible. Who wants glow on oily skin? Yuck! But I was definitely wrong. Highlighting just adds that little bit extra to your face because we're all about dimension, aren't we!?

These are all of the highlighters that I own.

Highlighters, Illuminators, Face of Australia Glamazon Duo, Mac Minrealise Skin Finish, Nude by Nature Soft Focus Illuminator, Essence Bloom Me Up, Benefit Watts Up

Highlighters, Illuminators, Face of Australia Glamazon Duo, Mac Minrealise Skin Finish, Nude by Nature Soft Focus Illuminator, Essence Bloom Me Up, Benefit Watts Up
Left to right: Face of Australia Glamazon Duo, Mac Soft & Gentle, Essence Bloom Me Up, Benefit Watts Up, Nude by Nature Illuminator

From the above swatches, let me just state the obvious. The Nude by Nature Illuminator doesn't show up on my skin at all. It does look like a nice illuminator, but obviously not for my skintone. 

Originally, my favourite highlighter was MAC Soft & Gentle. It is smooth, buttery and gorgeous. However, I now have a new favourite combo.

What I love to do is first apply Benefit Watts Up with my finger, and then set it in place with the highlighter from the Face of Australia Glamazon Duo. These two highlighters compliment one another gorgeously. Even though I am oily, throughout the day you can definitely tell that I purpose placed highlighter there. I personally also think that the FOA Glamazon Duo highlighter is a more pigmented and cheaper version of Soft & Gentle. 

Speaking of price, how crazy is the pigmentation of Essence Bloom Me Up!? It is a stark contrast to the other highlighters as it is more white based. This is my favourite under the brow bone highlighter especially when I do a dark smokey eye. 

What's your favourite highlighter?

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments