The Ride Or Die Makeup Tag

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Ride Or Die Makeup Tag has been floating around for a little while now and after being tagged by the lovely Sarah from Bows and Pleats I thought it was about time I get involved!

Ride or Die Makeup Tag


If you're unfamiliar about this tag, you basically say thank you and *praise emoji* your absolute ride or die, holy grail products from each category. For someone who is makeup obsessed, this is probably going to be a challenge - but I'm up for it!

PRIMER 
I'm already struggling with this one. I have two favourites that I've praised for the past few years so picking one is so tricky. I would probably still have to go with my Maxfactor Face Finity Primer because it feels moisturising and is a great base for my makeup. Application is always so easy after I use this primer and even though it might not be suited to my oily skin type, it actually works extremely well at keeping my oils controlled. It also has a little bit of SPF in it which is great because I always forget to apply sunscreen under my makeup. At the same time, I've worn this primer at night on lots of occasions and never had a white flashback in photography.

FOUNDATION 
This one will 10% be no surprise to you if you've been reading my blog for a while. It's the Covergirl TruBlend Foundation. This has been a solid favourite of mine for the last two years and I honestly always keep going back. It looks great on my skin even after 10 or more hours of wear and when I use it, I don't feel like I'm actually wearing any makeup. I'd say that the coverage is medium but buildable. My particular shade is M6.

CONCEALER 
So I'm not sure if this is me breaking the rules but I mean, we don't just use one concealer, we have to use two right!? One to brighten and one to actually conceal.

My brightening concealer is my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. I HAVE TO use this under my eyes in a triangle or I feel like I might as well have not worn makeup at all. This brightens my entire complexion and pulls the whole look together. It never creases and even though I use it so often, it lasts forever and a day.

When it comes to spot concealing, this is a new product for me but one that I've not been able to put down since discovering it. It's the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Natural (Pale Yellow)*. I use the cream concealer side and spot this on all of my problem areas before foundation. It really helps to just deflate the puffiness and redness of my acne, giving me an overall more flawless look. It blends very easily too and it's especially good under mineral powder foundations.

POWDER
As earlier established, yo girl Katina oily. I therefore need an incredible powder and one of the very first ones I ever tried was the Nude by Nature Mineral Finishing Veil. It's been a favourite ever since. It doesn't alter the colour of my makeup, it gives my makeup a beautiful silky look to it and I can layer this stuff as much as I'd like and it will never look cakey. It also doesn't turn up weird in photos which is always a plus.

Ride or Die Makeup Tag

CONTOUR 
For contouring, I can't go passed the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette. The bottom left contour shade in Sombre is STUNNING. I use it every damn time I do my makeup and it makes the world of difference. It's a super smooth, blendable, cool toned brown.

BRONZER 
I don't wear lots of bronzer but sometimes when my foundations don't completely match me, I love using the L'Oreal Glam Bronze LaTerra*. I haven't seen too many people speak of this product but wow I'm in love. It can look a little orange in the pan or when first applied to the skin, but it blends like a dream and gives me a gorgeous bronze boost that looks quite natural.

HIGHLIGHT 
A while ago on my blog I wrote about how I don't really like using cream makeup products that much. I don't know if that's because I have oily skin or what, but there is one product I can't live without and it's my ride or die highlighter which is Benefit Cosmetics' Watts' Up. This highlighter looks natural on its own and it's also a great base to really amplify another highlight powder. If you haven't tried Benefit before, I'd suggest starting here!

BLUSH 
Another not so surprising one - my Essence Blush in Autumn Peach*. This is a limited edition baby that gets re-released once every year and I was too lazy to pick it up this Autumn so I have to make sure I do next time round. There's just something about this blush that looks so great on my skin. It's natural but really beautiful and I think that if you have olive skin you will die for this.

Ride or Die Makeup Tag

BROWS 
This is another two product semi-cheat. Only because I need to fill them in and then keep them where I want them!

To fill in, I'm still obsessed with my Anastasia Beverley Hills Brow Duo in Ebony. I've tried quite a few other brow powders lately but I keep going back. This one is a little more cool toned and the formula just feels superior.

Keeping the babies in place is a job for Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow in #5*. I've probably gone through at least around 6 tubes of this stuff. It's a no brainer - I need backups all the time because I live for this product. It never feels flakey on my brows and the colour matches me perfectly too.
Ride or Die Makeup Tag


MASCARA 
Out of all of these ride or die products, this is probably the one product that I'll still be using up to the moment before I leave this planet. My eyelashes are the most stubborn ones this world has ever seen and this is legitimately the only mascara to do anything good for my lashes on a consistent basis. The L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes in Waterproof is so damn underrated and it makes my heart cry. If you have stubborn lashes that refuse to hold a curl, this is going to be your best friend.

EYELINER 
This is another of those products that no one talks about and everytime I tell people what it is, I hear 'really!?'. No, it isn't Maybelline Master Precise. It's Thin Lizzy Precision Liquid Eyeliner. I find this formula more pigmented and the felt tip just works a lot more in my favour. I also find that the formula doesn't dry up as quickly either. On a trip to Adelaide earlier this year, I found a chemist that was selling them for $2 a piece. You can say I stocked up alright.

EYESHADOW 
Unknown to me until around a month ago, my beloved Stila In The Light Palette has been discontinued. Makes me so upset that you guys can no longer pick this gem up but I'd be lying if I said that I preferred another eyeshadow palette before this one. It just has everything I need for an eyeshadow look and I particularly love the shade Sandstone underneath my waterline to really make my eyes pop.

Ride or Die Makeup Tag

LIPS 
There's three products here - oopsies. BUT, they're all different okay.

Lipstick wise, I pick my MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Cosmo. It's my ultimate My Lips But Better Shade and it looks absolutely butchered. It's one of those lipsticks that I'm actually going to finish and it has my exact lipstick shape imprinted into it now. That's dedication.

For a liquid lip, it has to be my NYX Lip Lingerie in #04 Ruffle Trim. Even though I do love my Colourpop ones, I feel like the NYX formula is slightly more comfortable and I'm all about that comfortable life.

Last up is a gloss, or an 'elixir' which is the Maybelline Color Ellixir in Caramel. I've loved this for years and I've gotten lots of my friends onto it. It's incredible. The only thing you might not like is that it has quite a perfumey scent, but I dig it.

Ride or Die Makeup Tag

PERFUME 
Speaking of perfume, my ultimate favourite is probably CK2*. There's something about this fragrance that's so unique. It actually has some wasabi notes in it which is insane right. It's fresh, and reminds me of being somewhere with lots of trees that have been wet from the rain or taking in a deep breath somewhere far away from the city - those kind of vibes.

Ride or Die Makeup Tag


Wow that was A LOT of writing. Thank you very much if you actually made it to the end. I hope you found this post interesting! Thanks again Sarah for tagging me.

If you haven't done a tag post ever or in a while, I tag you! :)

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments