Top Four MAC Lipsticks Swatched and Reviewed

Thursday, October 02, 2014

MAC is a brand that has an endless amount of beautiful colours, so of course it can be difficult to process and then pick one.

I currently own 8 MAC lipsticks but these are definitely my top four.


Left to right: Pure Heroine | Midimauve | Cosmo | Brave Red

Pure Heroine (Amplified)

Midimauve (Lustre Finish)

Cosmo (Amplified)

Brave Red (Cremesheen)

Top to bottom: Pure Heroine (Amplified) |  Midimauve (Lustre Finish) |
Cosmo (Amplified) |  Brave Red (Cremesheen)

Top to bottom: Pure Heroine (Amplified) |  Midimauve (Lustre Finish) |
Cosmo (Amplified) |  Brave Red (Cremesheen)

Pure Heroine - Amplified 
If you know me from Instagram or Youtube, you'd know that I love this lipstick a crazy amount. I feel like it is the colour I always reach for ! As you can see from the lip-swatch, it doesn't apply very evenly. However - I don't mind because the colour is so bad-ass and unlike anything else in my collection.

Midimauve - Lustre Finish 
This was the first ever Mac lipstick I purchased. I was in a USA Mac store last year, totally unaware of what lipstick finish gave what look. So, I lay my Mac fate in the hands of the sales assistant there and asked her to show me a few colours that were like 'my lips but better' because I heard that phase a few times. I was crazy shocked at how smooth it was, and how the colour matches my exact lip colour. 

Cosmo - Amplified 
Another my lips but better colour! I would actually have to say that if anyone asked me Midimauve vs Cosmo I would pick Cosmo. It is more pink based, and although it is another Amplified finish like Pure Heroine, this one applies SO EVENLY and so gorgeously! If all of my lipsticks ran out at once, and I only had enough money to buy one, it would be this! 

Brave Red - Cremesheen 
Of course, there has to be a favourite red! I own Ruby Woo and Russian Red as well as this baby. However, the reason why I like Brave Red the most is because its blue toned. When I smile, my teeth look extra pearly white. The texture of this lipstick too makes wearing red super easy. I didn't use a lip liner in the lip-swatch above, so that's why it isn't too perfected - but you get the gist. 

What are your favourite Mac Lipsticks?




youtube
instagram
twitter

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Me thinks me need cosmo in me life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave Red and Pure Heroine are both stunning. Think I'll have to grab Brave Red first, love a good blue toned red.

    Angie || the maquillage

    ReplyDelete