Katinalindaa v2.0 - Moving To Wordpress

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A few years ago, I began my Katinalindaa blogging journey on Blogger. I never thought I'd say this, but yes I am finally coming over to the big, beautiful world of WordPress.

I've honestly been thinking about this decision for over a year. There's been lots of reasons for the delay, but I am now ready to commit!


I kinda feel like explaining the reasons why I'm moving and why I've been a bit slow.

WHY I DIDN'T WANT TO MOVE
One of the largest reasons is probably my lack of expertise when it comes to all things WordPress. I actually attempted the migration a few months ago and it was honestly the biggest headache. I temporarily lost all of my comments, nothing looked pretty and it was basically all destroyed. I panicked, deleted everything and decided - not today.

I liked how my blog looked. I've been very happy with the vibes of my blog which is why it hasn't really changed much in over a year. I tried my absolute best to make my blog look like I was on WordPress and as least Blogger looking as possible.

Money, money, money. I'm a recent uni graduate and have been scraping my money together. I didn't have the money to pay someone to do the move for me, to pay for hosting, to pay for pretty themes (Which I have now solved - yay).

WHY I AM FINALLY MOVING
The biggest solution to my problems was when I stumbled across Tine's services. Basically, Tine is heaven sent and is handling the entire move. Therefore, I don't have to deal with any scary processes. If you're looking to do a migration, Tine has been lovely to work with so far, so you should check her out. Definitely worth ze money!

I want to be legit. I feel like there's so many things that I can't do on Blogger. I sometimes feel like I can't move to that next level in blogging because my platform stops me. I don't want any more excuses because I'm sick of saying 'Oh, I can't do that on Blogger'.

I also feel like there is a bit of a negative stigma against Blogger. I always have conversations with people and they go a little like this.
"What platform are you on?"
"I use Blogger!"
"Oh.."
Enough is definitely enough!

THE MOVE ITSELF 
The migration has started and as a result, my blog will be out of action for a few days. I'm estimating to be finito, polished, doneskies by next week. Fingers crossed.

I'll be back with a brand spanking new website, new blog post and new motivation to keep powering through with content. In the meantime, be sure to email me at katinalindaa@gmail.com if you have any questions about my migration and thoughts, or any blog post requests.

Let me know if you're excited for the relaunch - I can't wait!! x



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments