Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser Review

Friday, April 10, 2015

A few years ago I fell in love with the Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation. Unfortunately, I think it received the chop and was discontinued. Luckily, they replaced it with another great product suited for us with oily skin - their Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser*. I've loved giving this product a go because I've recently been all about the 'less is more' philosophy.


Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser Review

Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser Review

When you have oily skin, the word moisturiser can sound a little bit daunting. I definitely know the crossing your fingers and toes feeling that you don't turn into a shiny ball. Although I am oily, I still like to try any foundation or tinted moisturiser out of curiosity.

The tinted moisturiser comes in tube like packaging. No pump here. The formula of this product reminds me quite a lot about sunscreen, especially when it comes to the smell and texture. If you're curious, the particular colour that I have is Nude. I feel like it is absolutely perfect for this time of year as my sun kissed tan is beginning to fade.

Application is very easy. I just squeeze out a little bit and dot it all over my face. I then rub the product into the skin & reach for my beauty blender to further smooth it out. Once it's on my face it feels very lightweight and as if I'm not wearing any makeup at all which is great because in my opinion there is no worse feeling! When I touch my face however there is a slight stickiness (about 3/10), but nothing unsolvable with some powder. Also, it doesn't make my skin look too oily.

The coverage of this foundation is about medium. It covers the redness of my acne but not completely masks it away. Personally, this is the coverage that I prefer. I like to just slightly cover up my problems rather than slapping on a lot of product because I like my skin to still breathe. Lasting time (as in it looks like I just applied it) is around 5 hours.

I've been trialing this tinted moisturiser for a couple weeks now and have not noticed any change in my skin, so I think to all of my sensitive, oily skin readers, this might be a really good alternative for you.

Have you tried the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser before?

If so, what did you think?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments