My Thoughts on the New Amazing YSL Fusion Ink Foundation

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

By far my most favourite foundation would have to be the YSL Fusion Ink Foundation*. I knew from the very first time I used it that the formula was magical and I had to share it with you all. If you're someone that skims over reviews really quickly, let me tell you. If you have oily skin, want a matte foundation that actually WORKS, then you need this. 

This glorious foundation doesn't just apply great and last, it looks flawless, whilst also feeling fantastic on the skin.
 
YSL Fusion Ink Foundation Review, Best Foundation For Oily Skin

YSL Fusion Ink Foundation Review, Best Foundation For Oily Skin


Quick information spill; 
  • YSL Fusion Ink Foundation* is intended to provide 'flawless matte coverage'
  • Comes in 14 shades and is SPF 18
  • The shade that I have is #BR50
  • In Australia it is $85 for 25ml of product 
  • It is available from Mecca Maxima, Myer and David Jones 
For starters I of course have to mention the gorgeous packaging. The YSL Fusion Ink Foundation comes in a stunning glass bottle with a gold cap. It is very simplistic, but I think that's what makes it so gorgeous.

When it comes to application, you can see from the above photograph that this product does not come with a pump and is not just a bottle that you tip upside down. The YSL Fusion Ink Foundation infact uses the YSL Touche Eclat Pen Applicator.

The formula of this foundation is very very very thin and watery, has a slight fragrance and a little amount goes a long way. I know that $85 is on the expensive side for a foundation, but I believe that because of this formula and using such a small amount, this product will last you quite a while without running out.

The first time I used this foundation, I applied it with my fingers as suggested. The coverage was light to medium. The second time I used this foundation, I used my trusty beauty blender and the coverage was more in between medium and full coverage.

How does this foundation feel on my face? Incredibly light weight. Once it sinks in (which is quickly), it feels silky and smooth. I was very lucky because the shade BR50 matches me perfectly.

Did I use a powder? No! And guess how long this baby was matte on my face for? An entire 6 hours with no shine... You heard me right. In summary, this a perfect foundation for anyone with oily skin. This foundation does cling to a few of my dry spots, so if you do have very dry skin this might not be the foundation for you. I've been told by a couple of my blogger friends that they have dry skin and this worked wonderfully for them because they used  a really good moisturiser and primer - so don't cancel it out! Just make sure you get a sample before you fork out the $$.

Have any of you tried the YSL Fusion Ink Foundation or any other YSL foundations?

What is your current favourite foundation?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments