In Love With The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask

Sunday, April 19, 2015

If I could sum up The Body Shop's Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask* in 3 words it would be bouncy, fun and moisturising. I'm sure that hearing that a sleeping mask can be moisturising is normal, but fun? bouncy? You're probably thinking what on earth Katina.. but just keep reading and you'll see why.

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask
In the above photograph I poked my thumb into the sleeping mask. Photographed 2:55pm.

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask
The above photograph was at 2:58pm. As you can see, it mask sets back very quickly in its place.

For starters, lets talk about the packaging. Not sure if it is entirely visible through my photography, but this jar is made out of glass, so it is quite heavy. This can also be a bit worrying when you try to put the lid back on once applying the mask, as it does become slippery - so take care!!

The product itself is actually believe it or not, bouncy and fun. When you try to get some of the product, you'll notice that the mask is not soft. The product sets itself into the shape of the packaging and you need to apply a little force to break the product up from its mold. 

The first time I used this product I was honestly so amused by the texture and how it literally bounces back. I opened the product, placed some on my face, massaged it all in, looked back and the dent was gone.

The sleeping mask itself feels incredible on the skin. to the point where you might go overboard and apply too much. Be careful because if you do it won't all sink in and you might be stuck in the face-stuck-on-pillow situation! The mask provides a great amount of moisture to my skin and you only need to use the smallest amount, meaning that one tub of this mask will last you a long time. It smells slightly like Aloe Vera, feels very cooling on the face and sinks in relatively quick.

I should also note that I have oily, acne prone skin and this product has caused no problems.

Has anyone else tried this or any other overnight masks?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments