Rimmel London Provocalips Swatched and Reviewed, plus Removal

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The new Rimmel Provocalips* collection has had a lot of hype floating around the internet lately about its long lasting, non-drying staying power. I was lucky enough to be sent the range and thought I would help you guys out by doing a swatch and review post.



Top to bottom: 700 Skinny Dipping | 730 Make Your Move | 110 Dare To Pink | 200 I'll Call You |
 310 Little Minx | 500 Kiss Me You Fool | 550 Play With Fire | 230 Kiss Fatal

How To Remove Rimmel Provocalips

How To Remove Rimmel Provocalips

Rimmel Provocalips are intended to liquid lipsticks that last 16 hours. The formula is supposed to feel flexible and lightweight.

Unfortunately, Rimmel Provocalips are not for me. I found the formula extremely shiney. It didn't really dry or settle on my lips. All I got was uneven application and flaking. 

Two colours that were especially difficult to apply to my lips in particular were 230 Kiss Fatal and 110 Dare to Pink. I'd say that if you suffer from any lip conditions such as dryness, these aren't for you. They cling to your dry patches and peel off.

On the other hand, if you're the type of person who loves nearly every liquid lipstick product you've ever used, have barely any dryness, then there are some nice colours that I think you should try. 

The two removal photos might seem a little random, but these are pretty hard to remove so I thought I'd show you how I do it. As  you can see, soap barely does anything. It smudges the product around and kinda fades some of the pigmentation. If you want to remove these 100% or remove any other waterproof / stubborn makeup, you really cannot go past the Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover.

Have you used any Rimmel Provocalips shades before?
What are your favourite long wearing lip products?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Please don't advertise on my blog or post anything like 'follow 4 follow' etc, thanks x

      Delete
  2. Do u know if these will be available in the US? Plus, do you think that maybe the garnier oil cleanser or Maybelline flash remover lotion would remove those as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any oil based cleanser I think will remove them :) I've had a bit of a look on google and I can't find any USA links so I'm not too sure if they're there at the moment, or maybe you have them under a different name. Not too sure lovely, sorry ! Thanks for reading my blog post though :) <3

      Delete
  3. Hey great post! I was literally just looking for one of these swatch type posts for the provocalips and could not find one with all the colours :( Then I went onto my instagram and guess what the first post on my feed was? Haha yey! Anyways thanks for the post.
    Ps: I think you may have gotten the first two lip swatches names mixed up-skinny skinnydipping with make your move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooopsie I just fixed that up hahha, thanks for that lovely!
      Oh yay glad it was convenient for you ;P x

      Delete
  4. I've fallen in love with #500, the colour looks so nice on you too! x

    ReplyDelete