What I Really Think About Thin Lizzy Cosmetics

Sunday, April 12, 2015

If you're like me and live in Australia, I'm fairly certain that you've seen one or two infomercials about Thin Lizzy. Some of their claims are quite extreme such as one product performing six functions. Of course I was curious to see if the claims were true so into the review we go.

Thin Lizzy Cosmetics Review, Thin Lizzy Makeup Review, Is Thin Lizzy A Gimmick

Thin Lizzy Cosmetics Review, Thin Lizzy Makeup Review, Is Thin Lizzy A Gimmick

Inside the box you will find two of everything photographed above. I think this is a great idea because you and your friend can go splitsies and try out the products at the same time, very cute. 

Firstly, I found that the powder brushes were incredible. In particular, the one with the white bristles is fantastic for applying mineral foundation especially if you're looking to achieve more of a medium-to-full coverage look. Even when I don't use Thin Lizzy products, I make sure to use this brush with any powder foundations. 

Powder wise, the Mineral Foundation* powder in minx looks like it will be my perfect colour in winter. It's very smooth and provides a light to medium coverage depending on how much you build it up. The 6 in 1* powder in dark is somehow too light for me, which means I can't use it as a foundation. However, I have been trying this out as a bronzer and eyeshadow to define dat crease. I don't really think I can say much about the 6 in 1 claims though. Seems gimmicky to me. 

The Concealer Creme* in minx was also sadly not my colour currently so I had to test it when I wasn't leaving the house. What I found was that this concealer is very thick and perfect for covering acne and redness. Definitely don't try use this under your eyes though because it will crease.

When it comes to their eyeliners, the Dual Sided Pencil Eyeliner* in black & brown is very smooth and doesn't tug on the skin. I've been utilising the black in my tightline and haven't experienced the product slipping or smudging during the day. But I would have to say that their Precision Liquid Eyeliner* would have to be my favourite from these products. It has a semi-flexible tip, allowing for thick or thin lines; depending on what you would like to create. The lasting power is INCREDIBLE. I tried washing it off with my normal facial cleanser and it didn't work. Tried my oil cleanser and I had to keep my soaked cotton round over my eye for quite a few seconds before it budged at all. If you're looking for longevity in an eyeliner, this is a definite must have. It's also very pigmented and dark.

Lastly, lip balm and lip gloss. Their Moisturising Lip Balm* has a faint orange scent and I find it to be very moisturising and not sticky. On the other hand, the Lip Gloss* is very sticky and shiny which is personally not my taste - but if you love a super moisturising gloss you might love it!

Overall, if you're looking to try a couple Thin Lizzy products before dabbling into the entire range I would definitely recommend the white bristle, purple handle powder brush & the liquid eyeliner for starters. The rest of the products seem fairly average to me.

Have you ever tried Thin Lizzy before?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments