Monthly Favourites - September 2016

Sunday, October 02, 2016

My September consisted of finishing a work trial and a wisdom teeth removal surgery. So, I can definitely say it was all over the place. Am I looking forward to October? 100%!! My birthday is October the 14th and I'm so excited to give back to me after my past two, emotional roller coaster months.

Monthly Favourites September 2016


If you read my Ultimate 10 Minute Makeup Routine for Work Post here, you would have seen the inclusion of the bareMinerals Blemish Remedy Foundation. This foundation was an absolute life saver all of September and the end of August. The coverage is somewhere between light to medium but it works great on my oily skin and it is super easy to apply in the morning. I've really enjoyed using it and I'm excited to pick it up in my summer shade too.

Wisdom teeth removal is no fun. If anyone is interested in seeing an entire post about my experience and recovery, let me know and I will be more than happy to share what I went through. One thing I noticed post surgery was DRYNESS. My name is Katina and I NEVER SUFFER FROM DRYNESS. So this was a really weird experience for me. I needed to remove all of my dry flakey skin and the V10 Water Based Peeling worked its magic. After skin is cleansed and dry, I apply a decent amount of this to my hand and work it in circular motions on my face. It just picks up my dead skin and removes it, just like that. It all flakes off and is never to be seen again.

After revealing my fresh skin, I really had to address the lack of hydration issue. My favourite face mask is the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask so of course, I opted for that. It's so gentle and it's one of those products that just works like it says it does. If you have dry skin or you occassionally get dry, this is a product you really need to keep in your box of tricks.

As I've mentioned before on my blog, in the shower I tend to gravitate towards fresh scented products. Therefore it was no surprise to me that the El8te Rosemary Nourish & Shine Shampoo in Citrus was a solid favourite of mine for this entire month. The best way that I can describe the scent is probably Organic Source Tea Tree Body Wash Vibes. This shampoo is very refreshing, especially in the mornings. Usually one problem I face with shampoos is that they either strip my hair too much or not enough. This cleans my hair to the perfect degree where my hair doesn't react by creating a crazy amount of oil and I still don't get a conditioner or product build up. I'm definitely going to move this shampoo to my holy grail list and I'm telling you now, it's going to be a product you'll be seeing a lot of from me!

Throughout my twenty one years I have never really been the type of person that likes to moisturise. I'm sure it's partly because I'm lazy, but I also hate the feeling of stickiness on my body. My legs have been quite dry this month though and I thought I really needed to try something. I was gifted the Biology Skin Smoothing Body Buff and I thought why not give it a try!? Well, I actually really enjoy it! It leaves my legs subtly moisturised but not to the point of stickiness. It's a great happy medium for me and I love the scent.

In 2012 I fell on the Tangle Teezer bandwagon. Ever since, I've been hooked and I haven't used ordinary brushes other than to sometimes rule out my side part. One brush that I have recently fallen in LOVE with, is the TBX Beauty Detangler Brush. I attended a Bloggers United Event and this was in our goodie bag. Thank heavens for that because this is 10x better than my original Tangle Teezer. I find the bristles to be more sturdy and because this product has a handle, it's really easy to style my hair too - other than just comb it. I currently have a bob that is slowly learning towards a lob. I like to style my hair so that it sits inwards, giving people the illusion that I have actually taken the time to straighten my hair. This brush is also easier to clean which makes it a heap more hygenic. Definite thumbs up and now I really want to try more TBX products.

Last up is an old favourite that I have recently repurchased. It is none other than the much beloeved Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler. I have had my old one for probably around a year and a half or longer, so it was definitely time for an upgrade. I really wish that I had repurchased it sooner because I missed out on so many possible good eyelash days. People tend to think that it's crazy to spend $31AUD on an eye lash curler. But honestly, think about this. You have multiple things in your makeup collection that you spent more than 5x the amount on and you've probably touched it a handful of times. I use this curler every single time I apply makeup. Cost per use is incredibly low so that totally justifies the purchase. In terms of this curler vs others, I have short stubby lashes that hate to cooperate and this is the only lash curler that works for me.

What were some of your September favourites?
Have you tried any of these products before?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments