The Products I ALWAYS Reach For

Friday, September 18, 2015

Repetitive, creature of habit, hater of change. I guess that's what you can call me when it comes to the few staples I reach for day in, day out whenever I apply my makeup. If you follow me on instagram, you would have seen that I created the #mixupyomakeup challenge where I challenge you and myself to mix up the makeup we choose and find hidden gems. However, today is not about mixing up our makeup. It is about those holy grail products that end up on my face every single time makeup is in the picture. 


By far the best primer that I have ever used is Max Factor's Face Finity All Day Primer. This stuff just keeps my makeup on, all day long. It doesn't produce a ghostly white look even at nighttime with flash and SPF20. The consistency is amazing and although I have oily skin, I have heard from many of my pals that this works on their skin incredibly too. In other words, I think this will work no matter what skin type you have! I haven't really heard of anyone who hasn't liked it so far. If you'd like to know more about this primer that I can't get enough of, check out this post I did on some primers that I own here.

When it comes to brows, two products I use day in day out are the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ebony and Benefit Gimmie Brow in Medium / Deep. Anastasia Brow Powder Duo fills in my brows so nicely and is a 100% colour match for me. It blends easily so if you make it too harsh, no worries! It does stay in place, but just to be sure and to add a bit of extra pigmentation, that's when I use Benefit Gimmie Brow. This is probably the product that makes the biggest difference to my face. Before and after Gimmie Brow, it's like wow a whole other person! Just sets my brows so beautifully and makes them look really nice and clean because it helps move the hairs to exactly where you'd like them.

This blush has been a favourite of mine ever since I got it. The Essence Blush in 80 Autumn Peach* is the best blush that I could recommend for anyone who is tanned or olive. It's so gorgeous! Looks lovely and natural or you can really build it up. Essence cosmetics is such an underrated brand. Considering how cheap everything is from them, honestly what do you have to lose!? Trust me, you'll love this!

What are some products you always reach for no matter what?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments