March Monthly Favourites 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Here in Australia, March is the beginning of our Autumn. Or, the beginning of what is supposed to be Autumn I should say. We didn't experience cooler weather and it was down right hot. Many days the temperature was more than 30C or 86F. Until the end of the month, that's when Autumn finally kicked in.

March Favourites 2016, Beauty Favourites Favourites 2016

One of my favourites for March was road trips. My family and I are lucky enough to be able to go overseas once or twice a year but the thing about that is that we don't even know what is in our own backyard! At the end of last month I went to Warrnambool with my boyfriend Rey and this month, the Barossa valley with my family. I'm so happy that I was able to spend some time exploring Victoria and South Australia! 

Because I was moving about this month, quite a few of my favourites are to do with convenience and are hot climate friendly.

The lip product I decided to take with me was of course my ever so trusty, Maybelline Color Elixir in Caramel. Everyone loves the Caramel Elixir right? It provides the perfect amount of coverage, with a teeny bit of shine and it also helps to slightly stain your lips as well. 

An eye makeup product that I seem to always bring with me when I leave my house is the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. This should really be no surprise because I'm also going on about how great this is. It's just the perfect base, every single time.

A couple products that were absolute lifesavers during the heat were the Benefit Porefessional Matte and Benefit Porefessional Blot Powder. I did an entire post on how amazing these two products are which you can read here. But if you'd like a long story short, they're incredible and probably make the largest difference to my oil production out of everything I've tried before. 

The face base I loved using when I wanted to put a teeny bit of effort in was the Philosophy Tinted Moisturiser in Medium. It gives my skin a nice small to medium coverage. Just enough to help cover any redness and a few pimples, but still looks really natural. It's one of those great products if you think you're going to sweat because sweat doesn't make it run off, it just magically stays there. I'm planning on doing an everyday, quick and 'natural' looking blog post soon so keep an eye out for that. 

Although I didn't take this product on my road trip (out of the fear of melting), I've been using the Chi Chi Brow Pomade in Black Brown I honestly cannot get enough of this stuff. I personally haven't tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills one so I can't compare, but I have heard many people preferring Chi Chi's because it doesn't dry up as quickly. You only need the absolute smallest amount. I just dab a bit in the lid, move it around and apply with the slightest hand you've ever seen. It's perfect for really nicely defined nighttime brows. 

Fragrance wise, I can't get enough of the CK2 fragrance. It's a unisex perfume which I think is probably the perfect scent if you're a lover of fresh scents. It has all of these amazing and unique notes such as wood, citrus, wasabi (yep that's right, wasabi), rose and pebbles (yep, I know).
For some strange reason, I feel like hats never work for me. They're either too big and drown my head or too small that it refuses to fit. A couple months ago I picked up this trusty Hat from Glassons and I kid you not, the absolute perfect fit. It looks great, fits well and also provides my face with the right amount of shade. 

Last but not least, a product that has well and truly made itself into my night time routine.The Scholl Velvet Smooth Night Mask is incredible. It's basically a thicker moisturiser for your feet. I know this might be a strange item for some of you, but honestly, do you ever think about your feet and how much they do for you!? I never really did anything for them, but since applying this everynight before I go to bed, when I wake up my feet feel smooth, hydrated and ready to go.

What are some of your favourites for the month of March?
Are there some products that you're already falling in love with this early into April?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments