6 Lip Colours You Need This Spring

Sunday, September 18, 2016

I am SO excited because it is Spring again here in the Southern Hemisphere. Spring is my favourite season because my birthday is in October and the weather is beginning to become so beautiful.

When it comes to lipsticks, I'm usually very boring. We all know that my everyday lip colour is typically a brown, mauvey, rose type of colour but as soon as a new season pops up, I become determined.

6 Lip Colours You Need This Spring

6 Lip Colours You Need This Spring
6 Lip Colours You Need This Spring
Left to right: NYX Ruffle Trim | Covergirl Berries N' Cream | Arbonne Rose | 
Maybelline Berry Misbehaved | Maybelline Orange Ya Glad | 
Urban Decay Wired

This post is for you mainly so you have some lip inspo but it's also a reminder and 'note to self' to actually be a little bit different with my colour choices. I know I still included one nude shade but I honestly can't help it.

NYX Lip Lingerie in Ruffle Trim is such a great matte liquid lipstick. It's the first one that I've ever tried and I think that it's my favourite formula too. It isn't the type of liquid lipstick that will stay on after eating so it does need a touch up. But, the longevity is pretty damn good if you're out and about. The formula is mighty comfortable on the lips and I think this is perfect for spring because if you leave the house for a few hours you won't have to touch up all of the time.

A super easy lip crayon with a great formula and lovely shade is the Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in 290 Berries N' Cream. This is definitely the easiest to touch up on the go. The colour is a light, pink berry mauve shade with a nice glossy apperance. It makes lips look juicy and spring time fresh.

It's been a while since I've worn the Arbonne Creamy Lipstick in Rose*. It's a little like a neutral, rosey, purple type shade and I love it during spring and summer. It's still close to my comfort zone but slightly different. I think trying something super similar to a shade you love with a twist is a great way to begin experimenting with new colours for seasons.

Becoming a bit more bold now with choices, I've picked two Maybelline Color Blur* shades. The formula of these products is very, very, very, very smooth. I absolutely love this range and if you'd like to see all Maybelline Color Blur Matte Pencils swatched and reviewed click here. I ofcourse usually use the more subtle colours, but I picked out #15 Berry Misbehaved and #20 Orange Ya Glad. Both shades are stunning and bold but if you're scared like me, you can dull them down by blotting your lips with a tissue.

Last up, I had to include an Urban Decay Vice Lipstick. If you saw my review and swatches on 19 of the shades here, you'd know that I can't get enough of the Creamy formula. I decided on Wired*. It's a bright, coral, almost flurescent pink / orange colour and I think it will be stunning in spring.

Oh and to all of my Northern Hemisphere readers, if you'd like me to create a post of my 6 favourite lip colours for fall / autumn, let me know!

What are some of your favourite colours to wear during spring?


*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments