How To: Diagonal Feature Nail

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Hello everyone, welcome to my very first blog post!

Although I am definitely no expert, I thought I'd share with you one of my favourite nail looks.

Today's post will show you how to simply create a diagonal feature nail. Let's go.

The products that you'll need:

  • A top coat and base coat
  • Nail polish remover
  • Tape 
  • Two nail colours of your choice
For me, I'm using the Sally Hansen Advanced Hard As Nails as my top and base coat. Maybelline nail polish remover & tape just from the $2 store (winning), and two gorgeous colours from Ulta3 called Palette Play* and Lollipop Lilac*.



Step 1 - Clean your nails 
Of course we can't begin with dirty, chipped nails!


Step 2 - Base Coat 


Step 3 - Base Colour Coat 1


Step 4 - Base Colour Coat 2 (for opaqueness)


Step 5 - Decide on what finger you'd like to be your feature nail

Step 6 - Begin the tape process
Rip off a small section of tape, and make the tape less sticky by placing it on your skin


Step 7 - Diagonally place the small section of tape on your feature nail 


Step 8 - Take the colour you have selected to be as the feature colour on your feature nail


Step 9 - Paint your feature diagonal nail

Step 10 - Carefully peel off the tape while the nail polish is still wet

Step 11 - Lock it in with a top coat

How To Diagonal Feature Nail

And you're done :) !


*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

7 comments