Why Gorgeous Cosmetics Has Quite Possibly Changed My Foundation Routine

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Everytime I hop on Ry Cosmetics, I stumble across more products that I really want to try. 
Today, I'll be testing out the Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Liquid Foundation & Gorgeous Cosmetics #037 Foundation Buff Brush. 

This post and these products are quite exciting to me for two reasons. 
  1. I haven't used anything from Gorgeous Cosmetics before 
  2. I am actually going to be using a brush to apply my foundation today, instead of a beauty blender - I've used a beauty blender religiously since having my first one back in 2013
Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Liquid Foundation, Gorgeous Cosmetics #037 Foundation Brush

Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Liquid Foundation, Gorgeous Cosmetics #037 Foundation Brush

Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Liquid Foundation, Gorgeous Cosmetics #037 Foundation Brush

Let's look at the Gorgeous Cosmetics #037 Foundation Buff Brushfoundation brush first. It looks and feels like a flat top kabuki brush. As a point of comparison, I'll compare it to my Sigma F80. The Gorgeous Cosmetics #037's bristles cover a wider space and it is slightly more bouncy. It feels very smooth on the skin and after washing, there was no shedding.

Now for the Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Liquid Foundation in 3N-BP*. One thing that I must mention straight away is that there is an abundance of shades in this range. I really was tossing up between 3 of them and luckily picked my perfect one! 

Another thing that I really appreciate about this foundation is the packaging. The lid is really sturdy and it definitely doesn't seem like the kind of foundation lid to pop off and make a mess. Also, this foundation has a foundation pump. Honestly had to underline and bold it because that just makes me really happy. 

The foundation itself smells a little bit like a floral moisturiser. The texture first appears to be in between a mousse and cream, but once you apply the foundation to the face it is more towards a cream texture. To cover my face, I used one and a half pumps to achieve a medium coverage, but you can definitely build it up to full. 

The foundation feels like a moisturiser when first applied but dries to the touch quite quickly. You do have a bit of time to play around with this foundation and I found that the #037 brush applied it quite flawlessly/

Because I'm oily, longevity of this foundation was probably around 6 hours (at pristine condition). After the 6 hour mark I just needed to touch up with some powder to remove my oiliness. The coverage however did last very, very nicely.

Overall, I'm really impressed by both the brush and the foundation. I'm curious now to use the brush with my other foundations and see whether it'll be reached for a long side my beauty blender, or even replace it! 

These Gorgeous Cosmetics products are available from www.ry.com.au 
The Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Foundation can be found here for $55
The Gorgeous Cosmetics #037 Foundation Brush can be found here for $49 

Have you used anything from Gorgeous Cosmetics before?
Are you a brush or beauty sponge application kind of makeup lover? 

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments