Makeup Product Clean Out

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I'm not sure about you, but once and a while my makeup stash builds up and I notice that I am hoarding a lot of stuff that I haven't either used in forever or simply don't like. I got off my butt today and decided to go through my whole collection and set aside some things I wanted to get rid of.
 
Makeup product clean out, makeup I'm throwing out, Make Up Products I Regret

Face Products

Nude By Nature Soft Focus Illuminator. If you saw my Highlighter Loves post from a couple weeks ago, you would have seen that when I swatch this product on my skin, it barely shows up. 

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector For Combination to Oily Skin in Medium. What a long name hey!? This product had a lot of hype during its launch and to be fair, I really did use to like this product. I've actually probably gone through maybe 3 tubes of this. The reason why I'm throwing it out now is simply because this product to me was to be used when I'm in a rush and i've now found products that are easier to use when I'm in a rush, that I actually like more. 

Makeup product clean out, makeup I'm throwing out


Maybelline 330 Fit Me Foundation Stick. My intentions for this product were to be for contouring, but it didn't quite work. The formula is so smooth I felt like it slipped when trying to just specifically apply to the areas I wanted contoured. I use shade #220 and #230 as my foundation especially on holidays because it's so easy to use, but #330 for contouring, no thanks! 

BH Cosmetics 10 Color / Colour Blush Palette. This was the very first makeup product I bought online. It was sometime in 2012 when every Youtuber was raving on about BH Cosmetics and I had little makeup so I thought how awesome would a blush palette be! It looks amazing, but as you can see from the photo above, swatching = another story. The colours are quite chalky and not as pigmented as they appear. I've just been holding onto this palette and have never really used it.

Lip Products

Makeup product clean out, makeup I'm throwing out

Innoxa Lipsticks in Radiant Orchid, Nude & Sugar Frosted. I want to be super clear about these three products. The pigmentation, formula and lasting power of all three of these lipsticks, infact all Innoxa lipsticks i've tried are amazing. These three shades just sadly don't suit my skin colour! I think if you have lighter skin these would look so beautiful on you.

Essence Cosmetics #01 Wearing Only A Smile. As with the above Innoxa lipsticks, the formula is incredible with Essence lipsticks. This shade just doesn't personally suit my skin colour.

Revlon Lip Butter in #75 Lollipop. This used to be a favourite of mine, especially at the end of highschool. I love the formula of all lip butters and the Lollipop colour, but this baby has just seen too much heat and has melted a little bit; sticking to the lid and all.

Australis Velourlips in Tok-i-o. I bought this simply because of the hype and to be 100% honest with you I hate this formula. It clings to all of my dry patches and applies very messily. 

Loreal Paris 187 Infinite Fuchsia. The packaging of this product sucked me in when they first came out and I saw it sitting on the priceline shelves. I had one of these in a red colour as well and that one I loved. I would wear it whenever I went clubbing at night time as the lasting power was incredible and I didn't have to reapply it. This colour however just applies messy as well and doesn't suit my skintone all that much + it is highly glossy. 

Eyes

Bourjois Paris Smoky Eyes Trio. This product looks stunning and has so much promise, but I found the eyeshadows to be super difficult to work with. I literally had to dig my finger or brush into the product to try and pick up some of the pigment.

Maxfactor Excess Volume Mascara. This mascara and I just did not get along. If you'd like to see photos and my full opinion on this product check out my review here.

Savvy By DB Long Lasting Eyeliner in Starling. I feel like sometime last year a lot of people were talking about this in the Australian Insta community. I picked this one up, thought it was stunning, but never got around to using it. 

Face of Australia Eye Primer in Matte. For my girls with oily eyelids, this is a great eye primer. I'm throwing it out today is because I've had it for ages and it has sadly dried up.

Eyebrows

Essence Lash and Brow Gel x2. This used to be my go to eyebrow product back in the day when I just used a powder. But then I was introduced to Gimmie Brow by Benefit and I haven't gone back since. 

What are some makeup products you've recently cleaned out of your collection? 


youtube
instagram
twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments