6 Not So Typical Nail Polish Shades For Winter

Sunday, June 19, 2016

I feel like when it comes to seasonal nail polish, I don't always play by the rules. I mean, what is a typical cold weather nail polish shade and why do I have to listen - right!? To me, these are the shades that I like to wear when it's cold. I thought you might be interested to see incase you want to mix it up a little bit.


Winter Nail Polish 2016, Favourite Winter Nail Polish
Left to right - Essie: Island Hopping | Flowerista | Sole Mate

Left to right: Sally Hansen Dig Fig | Maybelline Violet Vogue | Revlon Moonlight Woods

Essie Island Hopping is a colour that I have been on the hunt for way too long. I've been looking for a pastel maroon shade for what seems like forever and I'm so happy that I found one by Essie. The formula of Essie nail polishes is definitely my favourite which I guess is no surprise as half of the nail polishes in this post are Essie, right? Island Hopping only needs two coats to be fully pigmented and stunning. 

Essie Flowerista* is described as a plummy purple. I feel like it's a pretty unique version of purple and purple is my favourite colour, so I'm definitely a sucker for this shade. When it's warmer, I prefer more pastel purples but when its cooler, I like a more pigmented pick me up sort of purple, and this is it. 

Essie Sole Mate* is probably the only kinda typical winter shade here. It is my favourite deep red wine nail colour. I own quite a few deep reds but this one just seems super classy to me. The only thing that I don't like about this shade is that it can get a little messy when you remove it because the colour is so rich. 

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in Dig Fig* is on the darker side of red, but still bright, rich and pigmented. The formula lasts such a long time. I personally love this shade because most of the jumpers and cardigans that I wear are fairly neutral in colour. When I get in the jumper mood, I feel like this nail polish adds that nice subtle touch to my outfit.

Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in Violet Vogue* is more blue than violet to me, but hey just a shade name! This is a gorgeous rich blue shade that I can't stop reaching for. I definitely think Maybelline nail polishes are underrated and their lasting power is actually pretty incredible. Especially when you pair their polishes with their Dr Rescue Top & Base Coat. Try it out and thank me later.

Last up, Revlon Parfumerie Moonlit Woods. I went absolutely crazy for this nail polish when it came out. The nail polishes actually smell like a legitimate perfume. Say goodbye to stinky fumes! This colour is a gorgeous light blue with a silver sheen to it. It's one of those polishes that look different under various types of light and I usually get a few sneaky compliments when I wear it.

If you missed the post where I spoke about my Six Favourite Lip Colours for Cooler Weather, click here. Stay tuned for my hair product faves for dry winter hair which is coming out Wednesday.

What are some of your favourite nail polishes for the cooler months? 
Have you tried any of these nail polishes before? 

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments