My Favourite Winter Lip Products

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Lately Melbourne has been quite cold and I've noticed a few parts of my makeup routine shifting. Today, I'll be talking about my 6 favourite cooler weather lip products. Later on in the week, I'll be sharing my cooler weather nail polish faves & hair products to help dry winter hair. 

For quite some time I have been a little scared to use darker lip colours. I just haven't been able to pull myself away from my lips but better shades. Infact, taking a peep back at old posts, I think the last time I rocked a darker lip was around June last year. But since having my hair cut much shorter and the weather becoming cooler, I've felt more confident rocking something a little more bold and edgy.

Favourite Winter Lip Products, Makeup for Winter
Favourite Winter Lip Products, Makeup for Winter

Favourite Winter Lip Products, Makeup for Winter
Left to right: L'Oreal Who's The Boss | Rimmel Cutting Edge | 
Burts Bees Juniper Water | Laura Mercier Merlot | 
Burts Bees Russet River | Maybelline Divine Wine

L'Oreal Infallible Long Wear Lipgloss in #107 Who's The Boss* is a gorgeous berry, grape shade. I love the formula of these L'oreal lipglosses because they fade quite gracefully on the lips throughout the day and aren't overly sticky. This shade in particular applies very evenly and I love putting it on top of any similar lipstick shade. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in #120 Cutting Edge has been a favourite of mine for a very, very long time. To take a wild guess, maybe 2 and a half years. I'm not even quite sure if this is still available, but its great. It looks a bit lighter in the swatch but it can also appear a much darker purple in some light. The formula is super comfortable on my lips and it doesn't flake off during the day, making re-application smooth and easy.

Burts Bees Lipsticks in #531 Juniper Water* & #532 Russet River* are amazing. They're the newest lip products of this post but I'm absolutely loving them. They can be sheer or medium which is like what you see in the swatches, or you can really build them up in pigmentation. I've been especially loving Juniper Water on nights out and wearing a nice choker, feels like it makes me look pretty #badass if I do say myself. 

Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot* is not new to the blog. You all know I love it and I love other Creme Smooth Lip Colour shades too. This is probably the smoothest lipstick out of all of these and it just feels really luxurious on my lips. The colour of Merlot is also buildable and the more pigmented it becomes, it turns to a darker, brown toned red. 

Last but not least, Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Divine Wine*. Divine Wine is a gorgeous dark... well.. red wine colour. It's more of a cool toned colour so it'll make your teeth look nice and white. I also think this colour suits most skin colours. But in all honesty, this is range is probably one of the only matte lipsticks I can wear. I'm a firm believer in price tags not determining the quality of a product and this range just proves that you can find amazing makeup in a 'drugstore'. To see eight of the shades swatched and reviewed more indepth, have a read of my post here.

What lip colours do you love wearing when the weather is cooler?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments