Top Five Eyelid Primers For Oily Skin

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Having oily skin is definitely no walk in the park. Even after using a 'matte' foundation I can look like a shiny disco ball hours later. One particular makeup 'struggle' that I go through is the creasing of eyeshadows because so many eye primers or bases just simply do not work for oily lids. 

Around September last year, I put together a post of my then ultimate eyeshadow bases for oily lids which you can read here. This post is a bit of a continuation or update if you will, with my now five holy grail eyelid primers and bases. 

Top Five Eyelid Primers For Oily Skin, Eyelid Primers For Oily Eyelids, Best Eyelid Primers

Starting off with the newest of the bunch, My absolutely beloved Rimmel Magnif'eyes Eyeshadow and Kohl Liners*. I recently did an entire review and swatch post, which you can see here. In summary, this product is dual ended. One side is an eyeshadow whilst the other is an eyeliner. But in reality, both sides are incredibly smooth and can be used as an eyeshadow base. These can be worn alone or with eyeshadows on top. I can get around 5 hours without my shadows creasing. Out of all the products in this post, I'd say that these are the best for a really pigmented start to the eyeshadow look you're trying to create. 

The Body Shop Instablur Eye Primer*. It is a little bit on the pricier side at $23.95 AUD for a 10ml tube, but I think it's worth it. This isn't a miracle worker in terms of covering up redness or too many veins on the eyes for example, but it is a really great base for smoothing the eyelid for easy application. It also doesn't slide all over the place or get oily, which is a plus. The texture is also a little bit unique because it begins quite dry and then becomes smooth afterwards. Out of all of the primers in this post, I'd say it feels the most similar on the lids to an Urban Decay Primer Potion. 

Benefit Cosmetics Air Patrol* is still a product I don't see much talk about here online and it's quite sad, because it's a great product! I received it around October last year and have used it very often since. It's a thin, light foundation colour formula that dries instantly. When I first swatched it for my post here, I had to redo the swatch because it honestly dried so quickly before I could take a photo and smudge it out. This stuff, does not budge. Out of all of the primers, I'd say this is the best for longevity

Last up, two old favourites. The Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks* and Maybelline Colour Tattoos. These two are more like creamy, pigmented eyeshadows which are great at not only increasing the impact of your eyeshadow, but also help with the longevity. Many types of coloured bases are problematic for my eyelids and create creasing, but not these two. They both go on the lids incredibly smooth and make a huge difference to my overall makeup look. For swatches of the LM Caviar Sticks click here and click here to see my colour tattoos swatched.

What eyelid primers do you love?
What eyelid primers have you tried before that were absolutely horrible on your lids?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments