Five Ways To Find More Blogs To Read and Follow

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Finding new blogs is one of the most exciting parts of blogging to me. Being able to see and read new content is really inspiring. It also presents more opportunities to network and make friends.

When I first started, I found it a bit difficult to know where to look, to find more blogs. I've recently been on a following rampage because I found so many great ones, so I thought i'd share my Five Ways To Find More Blogs To Read and Follow.

Five Ways To Find More Blogs To Read and Follow

HOW DO I FOLLOW A BLOG?
BlogLovin'. If you're new to the blogging world as a blogger yourself, or a reader, you need to sign up to BlogLovin'! It essentially lets you 'follow' blogs. Every time a blog that you follow uploads a new post, it will come up in your BlogLovin' feed, which is mega simple to a Facebook Newsfeed. If a post doesn't look interesting, you can say mark as read and move along. If it does, you press the post and it'll instantly direct you to the full blogpost.

WHEN DO I FOLLOW A BLOG? 
For me, there are a few reasons. Of course the first reason is because their blog is so damn beautiful, that I can't keep my eyes away. Their pictures, style of writing, everything just pulls me in. 

Sometimes, it's because some people post amazing reviews. They are ridiculously in depth and informative. I know that if I follow this blog, I'll always turn to them for the latest beauty news. 

I want to live vicariously through them. This is especially relevant to food and travel blogs. I just want to live their lives, really.

Because I want to build a relationship with other blogs. Once and awhile I stumble across blogs and just think, hey let's be friends! This is probably one of the most important ones to me. I usually like to follow blogs that are really engaging, because yes, I want to start a convo.

WHERE TO FIND MORE BLOGS TO READ AND FOLLOW 
#1 - BLOG COMMENT SECTIONS
This is probably what I do the most! When I find a blog that I absolutely looooove, I always check out their comment section. I figure that because I love this blog so much, obviously some people commenting have great blogs too. Once and awhile, I'll just madly open 10000000 tabs of blogs and scroll through. Then, follow the ones I like on bloglovin.

#2 - WEBSITES WITH DATABASES // LISTS OF BLOGGERS 
Here in Australia, we have this magical website called Beauty Directory. I myself am one of their expert panelists *wink wink*. Before I was a panelist however, I mainly used Beauty Directory to find other blogs. They have huge lists of blogs, with a bit of about me information and a link. Same thing here, I open so many and end up following some. 

#3 - TWITTER 
I follow quite a few bloggers on Twitter and I keep my eyes peeled about who they're talking to. I find quite a few good blogs here! Most of the time the ones I find on Twitter have really good copywriting skills - not sure if that's a thing or just a trend that I've noticed. If you'd like to follow me on Twitter, click here.

#4 - INSTAGRAM
Most of the time when you follow an incredible instagram, they'll have a blog. It's happened so many times where I didn't realise. I'd follow someone on instagram, constantly like and comment on their photos, without checking their bio. Once and a while, I stumbled across gold! Some people forget to promote their blogs on their instagram, so chances are, check their bio and you might strike gold. If you're curious about my Instagram, click here.

#5 - LOOKING AT MY FAVOURITE BLOGS AND WHO THEY FOLLOW ON BLOGLOVIN'
This is one of the best ways to find really high quality blogs. On BlogLovin', each blogger has a profile for themselves and their blog. If you go onto the personal BlogLovin' of your favourite blog, you get to see who they follow and who they save posts from.

Hope that this gave you some inspiration to find some great new blogs!

Where do you like to find new blogs to follow?
What are 2 of your favourite blogs of the moment?


Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments