Rimmel Magnif'eyes Eyeshadow and Kohl Liner - Swatched and Reviewed

Sunday, April 10, 2016

By far the most impressive product that I have ever tried from Rimmel is their new Magnif'eyes Eyeshadow and Kohl Liner*. To say that I'm obsessed might even be an understatement. I can't stop using these products and after you read this post, don't blame me if you can't either!

Rimmel Magnif'eyes Eyeshadow and Kohl Liner Swatched and Reviewed, Rimmel Magnif'eyes Dual Sided Shadow and Liner Swatched and Reviewed, Rimmel Magnifeyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner

Rimmel Magnif'eyes Eyeshadow and Kohl Liner Swatched and Reviewed, Rimmel Magnif'eyes Dual Sided Shadow and Liner Swatched and Reviewed, Rimmel Magnifeyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner

Rimmel Magnif'eyes Eyeshadow and Kohl Liner Swatched and Reviewed, Rimmel Magnif'eyes Dual Sided Shadow and Liner Swatched and Reviewed, Rimmel Magnifeyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner
Left to right: 001 Back to Blacks | 002 Kissed By A Rose Gold |
003 Queens of the Bronzed Age | 004 Dark Side of Blue

Rimmel Magnif'eyes Eyeshadow and Kohl Liner Swatched and Reviewed, Rimmel Magnif'eyes Dual Sided Shadow and Liner Swatched and Reviewed, Rimmel Magnifeyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner

A lot of dual ended products are gimmicky and I'll have to admit I was a little sceptical when I received these, but as soon as I tried them, I understood. One side of the product is a cream eyeshadow, whilst the other is an eyeliner. Having said that, both sides are amazingly smooth and pigmented, so you could use both sides as an eyeshadow in my opinion. 

As you can see, there's nothing too special about the packaging. It's mostly plastic but that doesn't offend me at all. There's also no smell to the formula so if you're scent sensitive, then you might also give these a tick of approval.

The way that I love to use this product is that I first apply the eyeshadow directly to my eyelid. Using my finger or a flat eyeshadow brush, I smudge it around trying to cover my entire eyelid. Because I am oily, I will set the cream shadow with a similar coloured eyeshadow and proceed doing my eye makeup as usually. Once all of my eyeshadow is done, I apply a thin line with eyeliner side close to my lash line and smudge it out to create more of a smokey effect, following up with my regular liquid eyeliner on top. 

I definitely see a large difference in the pigmentation and longevity of my eyeshadow when I use this product. With my super oily eyelids, I can get a good 5 hours without creasing. After then, it's just a slight crease. But if you have dry or normal skin, I doubt that your lids would crease at all.

For this post, as you can see I had to do some swatches. To be entirely honest with you, I didn't want to. I didn't want to waste any product, because I love these babies so much. As a quick comparison I would say that these are as smooth, if not smoother than my beloved Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks. If you're curious to see how they compare, check out the LM Caviar Eye Stick post here.
One thing I'll quickly say is that in my arm swatch, Black to Blacks came up slightly more blue. It's true appearance is more of a very, very close black, with some slight blue or silver sparkle. Therefore, it's true swatch is definitely closer to the shade shown on the swatch card.

If there is one little bit of advice I could give you with these, be careful when you put the caps on because if you rush it, you might accidentally nick a little bit of the product off.

Priced around $16.95 and very accessible (Priceline, Big W, Coles, Woolworths, Chemist Warehouse, Target), I really do recommend each of them. But, if I had to pick two favourites, I'd pick 001 Back to Blacks 003 Queens of the Bronzed Age

Have you tried anything from the Rimmel Magnif'eyes Range?
What's your current favourite eyeshadow?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments