If I Had A Makeup Bag, These Products Would Be In There

Thursday, October 22, 2015

I'm not going to lie and tell you that I carry a makeup bag around with me, because I don't. I am the type of girl that prefers to carry either only my wallet, the tiniest bag or pouch with me because I hate carrying too many things! However, when I do feel like being a little bit fancy, I will opt for my Michael Kors Sutton. But, even then, I probably won't carry a makeup bag, because that means more to carry!! Ah the struggles.

Well anyway, I thought I would create a post about what I would carry with in me in my make up bag if I chose to use one. Hopefully if you don't mind carrying a make up bag around with you, you'll like some of my I-don't-want-to-carry-too-much tips. 




First off I guess we need a makeup bag right!? The one I would reach for is my Zoeva Pouch that came with my Rose Golden Luxury Set V2*. If you'd like to go and stare at how gorgeous the brushes are in that collection, I have a full post about them here. Not only is this pouch stunning, but I feel like it's light and is also quite cushioning so it would protect the goodies that I place inside.

Most likely I would already have my foundation on my face, but as a back up or for touch ups I would probably pack my Lancome Miracle Cushion in #4*. This is a pretty light coverage foundation but can be built up. It can also work as a primer or for touch ups. Again, for more juicy deets, you can read the full post here.

When it comes to powder, my usual preference is loose powder. However, we're talking about a makeup bag here! Firstly, I don't want powder flying all over the place. Secondly, I don't want to have to carry around a brush. The product I actually used to carry with me in my bag when I worked (so horrah actually a product that's been in my makeup bag at one stage), is the Mac Cosmetics Blot Powder Pressed in Medium Dark. This is a blotting powder, but that's probably all me and my oily face would need throughout the day. It's also got one of those little sponges inside so the brush problem is solved.

Sometimes during the day I can find my blush fading, so I guess it would make sense to carry around a blush. I would choose one of the Benefit boxed blushes. The one I've started using in the last couple of weeks again is the Benefit Cosmetics Boxed Blush in Sugarbomb which is super pretty! It isn't the most pigmented blush, but I think that's good. If I'm out of the house and I have a couple spare minutes, if I accidentally pack my blush on too much... well, that isn't so good. This one is definitely forgiving and it also has a teeny brush inside - so again, brush problem solved.

Lip wise, honestly I just go for browny-pink shades 99.99% of the time I apply makeup. It would therefore mean that packing a bold red or berry would not make sense at all! The colour I love reaching for in a rush is Laura Mercier's Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Rose*. This product actually does get chucked in my bag for touch ups already and I love it. I don't need a mirror or anything, so it is super handy.

Now the last two are probably a bit of a stretch, but I guess I would use them if I was going to an event or somewhere special and I wanted my eyes to stay on point. 

Covergirl's Bombshell Liner* is so teeny and cute. It's felt tip and gets the job done! 

Last up is Eye of Horus' Temptress Eyeshadow Palette*. I would mostly be reaching for the lighter colour to pop all over my lid to add back that pop just with my finger. At the same time, I feel like this palette is really blendable so even if I wanted to use my finger to add a tiny bit of definition, all would be sweet. 

What do you carry in your makeup bag?
Or, what would you carry in your makeup bag if you chose to use one? 

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments