Winter Lipstick Loves

Sunday, June 28, 2015

To be completely honest with you, most of the time I just go for a my lips but better lipstick. But, when I do feel like aligning my lipstick with a season, in particular winter, these are the babies that I reach for.

Winter Lipstick Loves, Top 5 Winter Lipsticks, Too Faced Sweet Maple, Shanghai Suzy Lipsticks, MAC Pure Heroine, Laura Mercier Merlot, Rimmel 120 Cutting Edge, Katinalindaa

Swatches Left to Right: Too Faced - Sweet Maple | Shanghai Suzy - Miss Nicole Burgundy Brown
| Laura Mercier - Merlot| Rimmel - 120 Cutting Edge | MAC - Pure Heroine

Too Faced Sweet Maple is definitely the most my lips but better of the bunch and therefore probably the one that I would reach for mostly on a day to day basis. This is the only Too Faced lipstick that I own but I tell you what, I definitely want more. It is so incredibly smooth, lasts quite a while and fades quite gracefully throughout the day. 

Shanghai Suzy Miss Nicole in Burgundy Brown* is probably the most different shade out of all of these, or for me anyway. Probably because I don't usually reach for matte lipsticks because my lips are quite cracky and dry during the cooler seasons. But I do go for this one when I want to mix things up a little bit and get out of my comfort zone. 

Laura Mercier Merlot* is one of the newest additions to this much. If you haven't tried the Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colours, you need to. I think that this range are probably the most buttery, silky smooth lipsticks that I own. This colour is soooo lovely and I love reaching for it during the night time instead of a traditional red.

Rimmel 120 Cutting Edge is one of the first lipsticks I ever bought. I can't remember which YouTuber it was, but someone suggested it and I was like YAS I WANT THAT. This was my most 'grungey' colour of the time but now looking at it, I don't really think it is. But, I do love these deep berry colours and I definitely rock this during autumn too, but real talk doe, most of the year.

Lastly, we have my baby MAC Cosmetics Pure Heroine. This was a limited collection with Lorde and I loved it so much, I've got a backup. It is such a crazy, stunning, beautiful purple. The formula however is Amplified and it doesn't go on too evenly so it isn't the type of lipstick you really want to reapply on the go because it takes a bit to get the application right. I know that this is limited edition and can't be purchased anymore, but hey this is a post of my Winter Lipstick Loves and I couldn't put up a post without one of my fave lipsticks of all time. 

What lipsticks do you love reaching for in winter? 

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments