Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous First Impression

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation* and Concealer* have very big shoes to fill. We all know that I'm obsessed with TruBlend, so you could say that my expectations are fairly high. Today I'll be letting you in on my first impression of these two products and whether Ill keep using them or not.

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation, Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer

The first time I tried to squeeze some of the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation I noticed that it was slightly separated, so on second attempt I decided to give it a shake. This formula is of quite a runny consistency but when you apply it to the skin it takes a little more work to buff it into the skin flawlessly. I opted for my Beautyblender - of course.

After applying it, the coverage was fairly matte and I noticed that the colour wasn't quite right for me. Perhaps in the winter when my skin goes a little lighter! The formula does not cling to any of my dry patches and feels very, very soft to touch. In other words, it's a very nice lightweight formula and you can't feel it on your face. The coverage is I think maybe slightly more pigmented than TruBlend so maybe closer to the full coverage end of medium to full coverage (if that makes any sense at all).. The longevity of this foundation was great too. I wore it for a few hours, no sweaty oily patches or fading to report on here! If only this was my colour, then I would probably wear it one day and TruBlend the next to just add some variety into my life, ya feel?

The Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer is quite a nice change up from my usual Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. This is definitely a better under eye concealer when it comes to looking more natural, especially during the day time. It doesn't crease under my eyes and one thing I love is the applicator. It's as if it's an applicator for lip gloss so you're able to place it exactly where you want and buff it in again with a beauty blender (or a brush if that's how you roll). I'm going to keep using this concealer during the day time because it feels incredibly light under my eyes and looks fab! It also makes my under eye area feel really smooth which is very naice.

Have you tried Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous Range?
What do you think? 

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments