Becca Cosmetics Backlight Targeted Colour Correctors Swatched and Reviewed

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Let me start this post with saying that before getting and playing around with these products, I had no idea about colour correctors and their claims.

The reason why I wanted to say this is because, these products are scary! I mean, look at that strong pigmentation! And probably like you, I was scared to try them out. I've had them sitting in my makeup drawer for over a month and I just really had no idea what they are and what to do with them.

But, I learnt. And now, I know what works for me and how to help some of you. So, this post is going to be my attempt of explaining the Becca Cosmetics Backlight Targeted Colour Correctors* in the easiest, least intimidating way.

Becca Cosmetics Backlight Targeted Colour Correctors Swatched and Reviewed
Becca Cosmetics Backlight Targeted Colour Correctors Swatched and Reviewed

Becca Cosmetics Backlight Targeted Colour Correctors Swatched and Reviewed
Left to right: Pistachio | Violet | Papaya | Peach

Pistachio neutralises redness. Helps hide natural blushed skin, rosacea, redness, blemishes and broken capillaries. 

Violet neutralises sallowness and dullness. 

Papaya neutralises deep blue and green hues. Helps hide dark circles, bruises, veins and tattoos. 

Peach neutralises dark circles and hyperpigmentation. Helps hide dark spots, hyperpigmentation, under eye darkness, birthmarks, freckles and sunspots.

Application is really simple. Using fingers or a brush, pick up some product and apply it wherever you want to be neutralised. You can also follow up and blend it into the skin more with a beauty blender. I personally do this. If there's one really important thing you need to know, it is to make sure to do this before you apply your concealer or foundation. 

Out of all the colours, the one that I am obsessed with is Papaya. One large problem I have is acne scarring and according to the recommendations, I should probably be using Pistachio and Peach, but Papaya works far better for me. 

I actually tried Peach under the eyes because its recommended, but wow that did not blend out for me at all in the right way so I tried Papaya, and it was much better again. 

So far I haven't really found a need for the other colours but I'm going to keep experimenting because the pigmentation and concept of these is incredible. 

All in all, I think the formula and the idea of this product is incredible. But, I would definitely try get a sample or try use a cheaper colour corrector to see what works best for your skin. Even though it can suggest a certain use for a particular colour, depending on your skin colour and tone you might find that the recommendation doesn't line up. So keep in mind that it is definitely not a one size fits all scenario.

If you're from America, you can purchase a Becca Backlight Targeted Colour Corrector here for $30, or here for $50 if you are from Australia. 

What do you think of colour correctors?
Have you tried these ones from Becca?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments