Eye of Horus - Fantastic Eye Makeup For Oily Skin

Friday, June 19, 2015

Eye of Horus has always been an Australian brand in my line of sight. I've always thought that their packaging was gorgeous and whenever I saw swatches, I was definitely impressed. Today I'll be sharing how I went with some of their goodies and letting you know which ones I think are definitely must trys and also telling you what didn't work for me.

Eye of Horus Cosmetics Review

Eye of Horus Cosmetics Review
Eye of Horus Cosmetics Mascara



Eye of Horus Cosmetics Review and Swatches

Left: Dynasti Brow Parfait | Goddess Pencils in Teal Malachite & Bronze Amulet |
 Smokey Black Goddess Pencil| Babylon Brown Liquid Define

Before we get into the products I wanted to mention that most of these products claim to be "easy to apply, waterproof, smudge-proof". This was a pretty interesting product trial for me and should be a pretty interesting read for you considering that I do have oily eyelids and stubborn lashes.

When it comes to mascaras and my experiences with them, you may have seen quite a few reviews here on my blog. You would know that nearly all of them have been horrible and not worked with my lashes and skin at all. The Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara* however, well! The brush looks simple and ordinary, but this mascara oh my. The formula is the exact formula that I love. It's somewhere in between a sort of wet and dry formula, along the lines of L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes. This is not the mascara that is dry and you have to drag through your lashes, nor is it the mascara that flicks everywhere when you blink. It does hold my curl fairly well and I have started using this as my everyday mascara.

I used to love pencil eyeliners and about a year ago, without really knowing why I switched over to liquid liner. This product, the Eye of Horus Smokey Black Goddess Pencil* is so smooth and pigmented and has made me feel like moving back onto the pencil bandwagon. It's definitely waterproof and long wearing, where it doesn't even move about in my tightline.

Typically, I don't opt for brown eyeliners. I'm definitely the type of girl that loves black, on fleek eyeliner. But the Eye of Horus Babylon Brown Liquid Define* is actually really good. I still prefer black eyeliner, but I have tried starting to use this for more of a natural look on quick-get-out-of-the-door days because it's really easy to apply.

Eye of Horus Goddess Pencils in Teal Malachite and Bronze Amulet* are definitely impressive. I should note that on the packaging it says that they are "easy to apply, waterproof, smudge-proof". This, I can definitely vouch for. They're incredibly smooth and turn up very pigmented. To remove them, you really need a good waterproof makeup remover. This makes me so really happy because lots of products that appear super pigmented just melt away on my oily skin, but these don't - yay!

Out of all of the products, the one I don't really understand is the Eye of Horus Dynasty Brow Double Parfait* It is dual sided and the gel side is okay, but the actual brow product itself is really dry and does scrape on the skin. I tried using it on a couple different occasions, thinking it dried out so I kept it in a warmer sort of environment, but it was still rough. Definitely a miss.

Overall, I'm really impressed. Especially with my oily skin type being really demanding, most of these products actually withstood the test of time and only came off after waterproof makeup remover. If I could recommend two products, it would be the Mascara and Black Pencil.

Have you tried Eye of Horus before? 

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments