What's The Buzz With Burts Bees?

Monday, May 25, 2015

Burts Bees is another one of those brands that I've always seen, but have never gotten around to actually trying, until recently! Today, I'm going to be sharing with you my opinion of a couple of their products that I have recently been putting to the test.

For those of you that don't know much about Burts Bees, they're an American personal care brand that make lots of goodies, especially for your lips and face. All of their products contain ingredients that are good for your skin as they have a motto to not putting anything on our skin, that they wouldn't be comfortable putting on their own.

What's The Buzz With Burts Bees, Burts Bees Towelettes, Burts Bees Lip Balm, Burts Bees Lip Crayon

Burt's Bees Lip Products

Burt's Bees Lip Products Swatches
Left to Right: Burts Bees Crayon Sedona Sands 405 | Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia | 
Burts Bees Lip Shimmer Watermelon 

Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly* Starting off with texture, the formula is a little on the thicker side of eye creams takes a while to sink in so I only reach for this product at night time before I sleep. To me, this doesn't really have much of a scent. But according to Google, most other people have a love or hate relationship with it, so maybe try take a whiff or do some research if you're sensitive to smells. I personally don't have any lines or many dark circles around my eyes, therefore instant radiance isn't something that I can comment on. However, what I did notice is that this cream is hella moisturising and makes my eye area feel super smooth. 

Burt's Bees Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleansing Towelettes* are designed for normal to oily skin. Upon first impressions, wowee this smells incredible and exactly like grapefruit! If you're the type of person who loves using one wipe to remove your face, eye and lip makeup I don't suggest this product. The fragrance is as I said, very strong and when you use it over your eyes and lips they feel a bit sensitive afterwards. But, if you are looking for a mighty fine makeup removal wipe system for face makeup, this product does do an excellent job of removing the majority of your foundation. But you should always go in with other cleansing aswell!! 

As you can see, all three Burts Bees Lip Products swatch beautifully.

The most pigmented of the bunch by far is the Burts Bees Lip Crayon in Sedona Sands #405* which has an old school lipstick smell about it. This is actually a colour that I gravitate towards because it's along the lines of my-lips-but-better. The formulation is very smooth and this product wears nicely throughout the day.

Next we have the Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia* which faintly smells like cherry ripe to me and 'tastes' a little berry. Again, super smooth and probably the most hydrating of the bunch. The tint is lovely and subtle. I also find the packaging of this product very cute with its cardboard outer packaging and the real lip balm inside.

Lastly we have the Burts Bees Lip Shimmer in Watermelon* which smells the yummiest to me as it smells along the lines of mint slice yas pleeeease! Unlike the other two lip products, but as the name suggests this lip product adds a faint colour with a bit of shimmer.

All in all my favourite products out of this Burts Bees bunch are the Crayon in Sedona Sands and the Towelettes.

What have you tried from Burts Bees before?
What do you think of this brand? 

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.

Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments