Monthly Favourites August 2016

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The month of August flew by for me. Time keeps disappearing what seems like so quickly and I can't believe my birthday is already almost back around. Crazy stuff!

My August Favourites are a bit of a surprise for me because this time in July I wouldn't have dreamt of many of these products.



Left to right: NYX Lip Lingerie in 04 Ruffle Trim 
ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip in Alyssa | ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Beeper

  

Last month I wrote a review on all of Benefit's New Eyebrow Products here and a couple of them crept their way into my July Favourites here. This month. a few things changed and I'm back to my beloved Gimme Brow*. But now, I have a new product which I love to use along side it which is Booki Brow's Trio Eyebrow Powder and Highlighter. This powder is the most smooth and luxurious eyebrow powder I've ever used, even compared to my Anastasia Brow Duo. The shade I use is Light Brown / Blonde and the middle shade is my perfect match. I first apply the powder and top it all off with Gimme Brow to set my brows down.

When it comes to lip products, I didn't own any of these products last month. They're all new to my life but I am definitely hooked. They're all liquid lipsticks and I imagined them to be drying, but they aren't. They feel like a comfortable mousse, yet last a long time on my lips too.

The three lip products are NYX's Lip Lingerie in Lingerie in 04 Ruffle Trim, ColourPop's Ultra Satin Lip in Alyssa and lastly, ColourPop's Ultra Matte Lip in BeeperIf I HAD to choose one, I'd probably say Beeper is my #1 favourite for this month when it comes to lips. But, I honestly love all three.

As we all know, waiting for our nails to dry is one of the biggest 'struggles' we have in our beauty routines. I'm usually quite good with not touching my nails but sometimes, I do nothing but ruin them in the space of 2 minutes. I've tried many products before to help my nail polish dry quicker in the past but none have worked quite as well as the Revitanail Instant Dry Drops*.

Unlike other products I've tried, Revitanail's is in what I can only describe as an eye drop packaging style. A couple drops later, I wash off the excess, and my nail is dry! Compared to other brands, the dry drops don't lessen the longevity of my nail polish or make my nails a weird texture. Virtually straight after using the dry drops the first time, I accidentally bumped my nails on the bench in my bathroom and I had no damage, at all.

These two hair goodies have been ALL that I have used. I posted a really large, in depth hair care routine post a couple months ago. Now, this is it. No elaborate steps at all. As soon as I hop out of the shower and slightly towel dry my hair, I apply a pea size amount of the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil-In-Cream*. When I use heat on my hair, I also add in the L'Oreal Elvive Smooth Intense Heat Protect Cream*. Both of these products have resulted in my hair looking the healthiest it has been in years. Besides that, I can't believe how easy, accessible and affordable they are.

Last up is something that might seem quite random but I am entirely hooked. Welcome to my Bullet Journal. It's a lined diary from Kikki K which I have decked out to fit meee! If you don't know what Bullet Journaling is, have a quick Google or check on Pinterest. Essentially, you buy a diary and you customise it yourself. You know the feeling of when you buy a diary, love it for the first two months and then hate it? This gets rid of that! Instead of being told you have 3 lines to write about your Monday, you can honestly make it one page long or however long you want. It's so much fun and I just feel incredibly inspired and organised.

What were some of your favourites for the month of August?
Have you tried any of these products?
Do you like Bullet Journaling?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments