L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palettes Swatched and Reviewed

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

As you'd probably know, good contour products are pretty hard to find at an affordable price. L'Oreal Paris has recently released their Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palettes* and I immediately wanted to see what they were like. 

L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palettes Swatched and Reviewed

L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palettes Swatched and Reviewed

L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palettes Swatched and Reviewed

L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palettes Swatched and Reviewed
Left swatches are from Light / Medium. Right swatches are from Medium / Dark

There are two shade variants of this product being Light / Medium and Medium / Dark. Lucky me with my olive skin tone, I actually like a shade in each of the palettes so it looks like I'll be repurchasing both. 

For a highlighting or concealing colour, I prefer the lighter shade in the medium to dark palette. However, I prefer the contour shade from the light to medium palette as it is slightly cooler and grey toned.

I'm not entirely sure if it is easy to see by the photos, but the formula of this product is cream to powder. Even when I was staring at this product in my hands, I didn't realise. I personally haven't really tried many cream to powder products so this made me pretty intrigued. 

When it comes to application, I was surprised that it was so smooth and even. It literally starts off feeling quite creamy and as soon as you apply it it turns to powder. It's quite something. 

I like to apply the lighter shade with my fingers straight to my face and a small stipple brush to apply the contour. For blending it all in, of course I use my beauty blender! But, you can definitely use something else. The formula is really forgiving and blends very easily so you do have time before it sets.

What intensity of contour will this product provide? It definitely depends on how much you use. For me, I like to use this product as a starting point for a more dramatic contour look. It's great to map out the areas that I want lighter or darker which I then go over with more contour products to deepen the chiseled-ness. If you wanted an intense look using just this product, apply it and then blend it in a few layers.

Who is this product for? I think if you have never contoured or highlighted before, this is a great product to start. Cream to powder might sound daunting, but the formula is seriously so forgiving and smooth that it will be really easy to learn what it's all about. As you can see in the second last photo, the palettes also come with some instructions, which again helps make the entire process easy.

I also think that this product will be great for you if you like to contour in a way that is a more subtle or you like to do a few light layers, instead of heavy ones. 

You can pick up this product from Priceline online here or in store for $29.95.

I think that's achievable too because it does set into a nice powder. 

What's your favourite contouring product from the drugstore?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments