The Best Two Drugstore Foundations For Oily Skin

Monday, May 11, 2015

I personally found it almost impossible to find a perfect foundation for my incredibly oily skin for a good couple of years, especially from the drugstore. I know that when you tell people you have oily skin they recommend you foundations like the Estee Lauder Double Wear, but nothing really from the 'drugstore' or something that is affordable. I have tried quite a few different foundations and these two are definitely the cream of the crop

Both the Revlon Nearly Naked and Covergirl Tru Blend foundations are my holy grails.

The Best Two Drugstore Foundations For Oily Skin, Covergirl TruBlend Foundation, Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation


Revlon Nearly Naked was the first affordable foundation I found to work with my skin. Up until this product, every single foundation I tried felt like wet paint on my skin. Whenever I would hug someone, I would be worried that my foundation would transfer onto them, or that my foundation would simply slip off my skin during the day because of so much oil. This foundation, changed all of that. It is so so so light weight, to the point where you forget that you are actually wearing foundation. There are a lot of different shades and although I have oily skin, my friend has dry skin and she also loves this foundation. It provides medium coverage and is definitely buildable.

Sometime late last year I was sent the Covergirl Tru Blend foundation. Usually when I'm sent foundations I feel really skeptical and kind of like 'that won't be for me'. The first time I used this product I really wanted to put it to the test. My family and I were going out to dinner and we were walking to the restaurant which was about 30 minutes away. We also walked home and when we were there, the restaurant was hot so I was sweating a little bit inside too. When I came home I looked in the mirror and holy $#!* this foundation still looked perfect on my skin. I wasn't sure if it was a fluke so I tried it against the next day and oh my gosh was it not a fluke OR WHAT! From that moment forward I put Revlon Nearly Naked on the back burner. One thing that I love more about this foundation is that it has a pump and I find that to be very rare for a good drugstore foundation. I've tested this foundation as well when I go out clubbing and have had photos taken and there isn't any white cast either. This foundation is probably somewhere between medium to full coverage and is also buildable. 

If I were to recommend one or the other, I would definitely recommend Covergirl Tru Blend. But if you've tried it before and didn't like it, try Nearly Naked because that is incredible too.

What is your favourite oily skin foundation?


youtube
instagram
twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments