June Monthly Favourites 2016

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Let me first apologise for my slackness when it comes to monthly favourites. I haven't posted one since March. But, I guess you could also see this as a good thing because I wanted to wait until I had products that I really loved. Thanks June!

June Beauty Favourites 2016

June Beauty Favourites 2016

To kick things off, I'll talk about Essie Island Hopping nail polish. I'm definitely a sucker for Essie nail polishes and I've been looking for a colour like this for a very long time. I own lots of red and purple nail polishes but I was looking for something where the two colours combined, a little muted and more washy. I saw this in Priceline and instantly knew it was what I needed. It's perfect for any time of the year in my opinion, so just know that you'll see me using it quite a lot.

A foundation that I fell head over heels with recently is the Avon Luxe Silken Foundation*. I don't think I can really express how much I love this foundation. It just works so damn good on my oily skin. I did an entire review on the Avon Luxe range which you can read here. I give you all of my thoughts on the foundation but I basically think it will work incredibly no matter your skin type and it feels so lightweight - ah perfection.

Now this product has been a holy grail of mine for what seems like forever. I always go back to it. It's the Maybelline Colour Elixir in Caramel. I love how it looks freshly applied, it has an amazing scent, fades nicely and just works with every outfit and every makeup look. The whole Colour Elixir range is amazing, but I definitely think you have to swatch Caramel next time you're in Priceline.

For months on end my highlighter routine consisted of Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up, which I then set with the highlighter from the Face of Australia Glamazon Duo. Both of these products are holy grails. But, I introduced the Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Opal (Pressed)* into my routine and haven't been able to go back. Opal is stunning. I've actually had it sitting in my drawer for a while so I have no idea why it took me so long to try it. It's a gorgeous shade that so far from what I've heard looks great on everyone. I have a whole post on Becca Cosmetics Opal as well as a comparison of the Pressed, Poured and Liquid formulas which you can read here.

Moving onto skincare, there are two products that have definitely transformed my skin. The first being the Philosophy Cream Cleanser*. I took this cleanser with me to Europe and my skin did not break out, at all. That's after 24 hours on the plane, both to Europe and home from Europe, changing climates - everything. My skin reacted so lovely with this cleanser. It foams up and lathers quite a bit and feels incredible on my skin. My skin also didn't dry out or become overly oily. It just left my skin so happy.

The second skincare product I've been obsessed with is the La Roche Posay Serozinc* Spray. It's essentially magical water in a spray bottle which you use as a toner. Not only is it insanely refreshing but it's really helped lessen the amount of oil that my skin produces. I also find it really great to help my rosehip oil sink into my skin, so in a way this product has also helped reduce my redness. I've also been trying a couple of La Roche Posay products in conjunction with Serozinc which I also love, so I'm thinking of doing an entire post on the three shortly.

Last up, I have to talk about a candle. This particular candle, oh my. It is none other than Glasshouse Fragrances Tahaa*. If you don't own this candle, then I really feel like you don't know what a real candle is. Tahaa is the perfect combination of caramel and vanilla, which is something I really appreciate during the cooler months. You can find it in David Jones so PLEASE go in store and give it a whiff. It's one of those scents which you can smell even when you put the glass lid on or after you've blown the flame out, hours later. It lingers and it's gorgeous.

What were some of your June favourites?

*Products marked with an asterisk have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



Follow 
instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments